Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The "S" Family

I can't even begin to describe how beautiful and wonderful this family is.  Hopefully the images I have captured will give you a glimpse into what I have seen since I met them a few weeks back.  It doesn't even bother me that I have gotten more compliments on my subjects than I have on my portraits. 

Going into this session my goal was to have a relaxed and candid session. We took a few sit down and look at the camera poses but a lot of the time we were just letting the little guy play and interact with his mom and dad.  The worst thing a parent can do during a session is try to force their child into posing.  As a photographer it is my job to coax the child into certain areas.  I have to be on my toes at all times.  When dealing with a toddler it is up and down and all around. The main thing I want my parents to do is relax.  Children feed off of our energy and to have natural, beautiful portraits the children need to be relaxed. Thankfully this family totally understood this.  I have never had a totally cooperative subject but all it takes is a fraction of a second to capture the right image.  Capturing the image is my job so just stay calm and have fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment