Trees are sanctuaries. Whoever knows how to speak to them, whoever knows how to listen to them, can learn the truth. They do not preach learning and precepts, they preach, undeterred by particulars, the ancient law of life.
Hermann Hesse
Expect things to be more streamlined and cleaner around these parts. I want my clients to have all of the information they need in a clear concise manner right at their fingertips.
When I started out this venture in 2010 with my business plan in hand, "design logo" was just an item to be checked off. I paid a lovely lady to whip me something up with a tree. I loved it. Only when it came time to match that up with other marketing materials or increase the resolution of said logo I had no idea what font was used and neither did she. I investigated for days on all of the font sites and came up empty handed. I just had one small flattened file. I decided to put my Photoshop skills to the test and whip something up for myself. I axed the tree which was a huge mistake in hindsight. I had instant remorse but my "new" logo was already out there among the interwebs and I couldn't take it back. I tried again and again to brand around it but turned up with a hodge podge mess.
Fast forward a few months and I already started the search for a new designer that could trash my mistake.
I love trees. I have been obsessed with them since I was a girl. The way the branches curl, the leaves rustle, the roots tangle and the way the small little limbs bud all stir something inside of me. I feel the most spiritual in nature among the trees. My logo had to include a tree.A tree documents its year in rings much the way we document our lives in photographs. Don't even get me started on the tree of life and all of the symbolism there. I'm borderline obsessed. The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein is my all time favorite book. My kids would check it out over and over just to see me read it and cry like a baby. I'm such a sap.
So cheers to new things with a new year right around the corner! I wish all of you happiness and joy during the holidays.

No comments:
Post a Comment